Friday, May 18, 2012

Lily and the terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day.

"I went to sleep with gum in my mouth, and now there’s gum in my hair. And when I got out of bed this morning, I tripped on the skateboard, and by mistake I dropped my sweater in the sink while the water was running. And I could tell it was going to be a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day………..I think I’ll move to Australia."
Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day

One would assume that the promise of departing for the HAPPIEST place on earth in a matter of hours would automatically yield at least one good morning. Well, that morning is obviously not today. Maybe she woke up too early, maybe it was waking up to her baby sister's squeals, who knows? All I know is vacation day 1 is officially Lily's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day. Not even the threat of staying home and missing Disneyworld can derail this mood. Full on flat on the back screaming, kicking, arms flailing tantrum and all for what? Even she can't remember. Mommy's going to need a whooooole lot of coffee to make it through this morning with my sanity.
     On a brighter, yet more sinister note, Emma seems to think Lily screaming and my growing frustration is hysterical. The force is strong with that one.
      Maybe Lily knew I was telling the world about her terrible twos morning and is feeling some remorse. She just put her arms around me, kissed my cheek and said "I love you, too, mommy."
And all is automatically right in a mother's world.



No comments:

Post a Comment